Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lips sealed with the kiss of words

When lightness leave us
on an unbearable shore
you always give me
the gift of laughter
making it impossible
to let you go.
That cautious part of me
God where is it now
For I lost it among the graves.

'I could fall in love with you'
my old alley
Where November guests
walk
where beloved ghosts
walk
and where searching
among the graves
our lost caution,
you used your lips on mine.
It wasn't a childhood purple kiss
with a mulberry taste
nor was it the kiss of an old man and an old woman.
It had colours and texture
as on a canvas painted by you
it was souls kissing
and I knew all the colours
without ever seeing those on your paintings.
one early morning
drinking tea by the window
I'd marvelled on the subtle nuances of
the jujuba colored brew
while admiring the richness of
layered reds, turquoises,
white and blue,
yielding in the window framed sky
to the monochromatic grey
of the day.

Then as now
I knew these would be the colours
of our kiss
and the alleys I'll walk afterward
wouldn't have anything of
my childhood orchard alleys
but the alleys that kiss
will take me
will pull at
forgotten emotions
challenge beliefs
examine ones feelings and insecurities
and make us think.
if I use my lips on yours
we will walk
reflective alleys
where once uppon a time
souls of wisdom
whispered to you

´´kiss her you fool, don´t let her go, for amongst the stones you´ve found your soulmate´´


Flora

No comments: